Makela, Pollack & Ahonen, PLLC is licensed to practice in Michigan and Wisconsin.
Services provided by our firm include:
- Auditing and accounting for private industries, schools and colleges, hospitals and nursing homes, counties, cities, townships and non-profit organizations.
- Preparation of income tax and other compliance returns for corporations, partnerships, trusts, estates and individuals, along with computerized bookkeeping and payroll services, is also offered.
- Working closely with attorneys for estate planning and for preparation of estate and inheritance tax returns.
- Business valuations for estate planning and tax purposes, or for those wishing to buy or sell a business, are offered, as well as general financial counseling to assist new businesses and non-profit organizations in setting up books and getting properly registered with federal and state governments.
- Assisting businesses with computerized bookkeeping set up, training, and trouble shooting.
Our firm stays on top of new accounting and auditing pronouncements and government regulations and tax laws by actively participating in continuing education courses. Our firm is also a member of the American Institute of CPA's Governmental Audit Quality Center. This philosophy of education, combined with our up-to-date library of research materials and our developed network of top tax attorneys, enables our firm to provide the very best in answers to client questions and allows us to continue with the same quality service that has been provided for over 75 years.
The firm is audited by an outside company every three years as part of the AICPA's Peer Review process and has always received a report with a rating of pass. The peer review is required by the Government Accounting Office to be qualified to perform audits of governmental entities. Our firm also performs peer reviews of other CPA firms in Michigan and Wisconsin. Our firm's peer review report can be viewed by clicking here.